Membership of The Airship Association is available in two categories to anyone, anywhere in the world, who has an interest in modern airships:
1. Individual Membership
- Individual members receive our quarterly journal AIRSHIP by post. AIRSHIP is recognized globally as one of the leading international journals covering topics related to current and future airship technologies, activities and markets.
- Individual members also receive preferential rates for attending conferences and meetings organised by The Airship Association in the UK and around the globe. From time to time, these airship related events are staged in association with other similar organisations such as the American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA) and the Deutche Gesellschaft für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DGLR).
- Members are free to participate in a growing number of web-based discussion groups which come under the Association's direction, including the Airship Association Group on the professional networking site 'LinkedIn' (www.linkedin.com) and our new page on 'Facebook'® (www.facebook.com) which Facebook® members can now find. (Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.)
- The establishment of regional groups of members was recently launched with the formation of such groups in Australia and the Middle East. The aim of these sub-groups is to foster interaction between members at a regional level. Details of these and future groups can be provided to members on request by the Secretary.
- All members are eligible to stand for election to the Council of the Airship Association, which is our Governing Body. Much of the day to day work of the Association is conducted by Members of Council on a voluntary basis. These activities include representing the Association at international events, attending official meetings on behalf of the Association and working with relevant authorities to promote the best interests of the Association and its members.
- Membership costs can be found here. Details of how to become an Individual Member are available online through The Airship Shop or by email / post from the Secretary.
- Corporate Membership.
- Our Corporate Members include some of the leading companies in airship design, construction and operation.
- Six copies of AIRSHIP are posted to each Corporate Member for distribution within their organisation.
- Corporate Members are able to advertise in AIRSHIP at preferential rates.
- Corporate Members are given preferential rates and positioning at our convention exhibitions.
- Corporate Members are also given first choice of sponsorship opportunities at all of our events.
- Representatives from our Corporate Members can be co-opted to support the Association's work with regulatory authorities on an as-required basis.
- Although companies cannot be elected to Council, individual members of the Airship Association can be nominated for election to Council by Corporate Members (their subsequent election must be by the membership as a whole).
- Details of the costs involved in Corporate Membership and how to apply are available to potential Corporate Members from the Secretary on request.